Monday, July 27, 2009

~ My Favorite Things ~

When the dog bites, When the bee stings,
When i'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feeeeeeeeel,
sooooooo bad....
or
When I find myself in times of trouble,
Mother Mary comes to me
speaking words of wisdom
Let it Be...

Loves singing these two verses when i'm down and hopeless, which, really helps alot..

Remembered last weekend, me, mummy and my sister walked from Concorde Hotel to KLCC. Although it's just a 10 to 15 minutes of walk, i've been having sore heels. Heels are NOT walking shoes, even it's Scholl or Hush Puppies. Mummy always said, 'buy a pair of expensive good shoes is better than buying 10 pairs of bad shoes'. True enough, a nike shoes and a Scholl heels, that's all i need. No more Vincci, no more MOD, or whatever shoes that make my legs swell after hours of walking.

Back to the story. While i'm having sore heels, and so do mummy's, both of us decided to sing My Favorite Things from Sound of Music. Sound of Music is always our family's favorite movie. Each of us can memorize lines after lines. With our burning legs, I guess both of us have our favorite things in our mind. The rest of the walk back to the hotel is much more comfortable. Maybe the singing distract us from the pain. Psychology do works.. :)

I've been really miserable these few days. Even singing out loud to myself doesn't work. One day, a box of cupcakes set beside my bed after i wokeup. That makes the rest of my days much more happier. It's not those expensive cupcakes sold at The Curve tho', but i'm just loving it. He knows me the best.



Other things that i found which able to make me happy....

Sesame Street, childhood everyday-must-watch show. Loves Elmo so much, and the cookie monster is so cute. I miss Bert and Ernie, Big Bird, and the Sesame Street big family. How i wish i were 15 years younger, where there were no troubles to worry about.


Mr.Men LittleMiss have been my favorite recently. Have kept some little books from these series. I've wanted to buy the whole series from MPH warehouse sales the other day, but it cost 100 over bucks which is much over my budget, and i don't think i'll ever read it. Can't be deny that the drawings are really nice and cute, which will brighten up my days. Well, i guess having two Mr.Men LittleMiss tees from Bossini, and a Mr.Men LittleMiss tumbler is good enough. My new role model: Little Miss Sunshine!!! Yay!!!

I love cute things!!! Who doesn't????

::kuanru:: signing off

No comments: